Terms & Conditions, Online Protocols & Guidelines
As a client of our practice, in order to comply with data protection laws including the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), there are a few things we need to let you know about the information we will hold about you and the reasons for this. Everything we do follows normal good practice for holding data generally as well as for a therapeutic practice, but it’s important and your legal right to read and understand the information before you come for treatment with us.
Clients should be sent copies of Deep Connexions Terms & Conditions, Online Protocols & Guidelines and Privacy Statement prior to the first consultation assessment.
Clients should sign that they have read and agreed to all the above before the commencement of the Assessment Consultation.
Terms and Conditions
Who we are;
- Deep Connexions is the trading name for the therapeutic practice operated by Jacqui Ellis as a sole trader based at: 1 Willow Grove, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1AR
- Deep Connexions adheres to the Codes of Ethics, Practice and Methodology of;
- The Institute of Neuro Physiological Psychology 1 Stanley St, Chester CH1 2LR
- The Craniosacral Therapy Association, (CSTA), Monomark House, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX
- The Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council, (CNHC), 46-48 East Smithfield London, E1W 1AW
What we do
- The provision of therapy in the form of;
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Reflex Integration / Neuro Developmental Therapy
- Individualised Sound Therapy
- The provision of the above therapies usually follows the following process:
- Completion of detailed case history information or Questionnaire
- Initial telephone consultation/discussion to explore if the therapy offered by Deep Connexions is appropriate for yourself or your child and explain the terms and conditions.
- Initial Assessment / Consultation to explore issues in more detail
- If all parties agree that the therapy offered by Deep Connexions is appropriate, further assessments / Reviews / therapeutic sessions will be arranged by mutual consent and in accordance with the recommended therapeutic plan.
- If after the assessment either the therapist or client decide that the therapeutic approach offered by Deep Connexions is not appropriate, there will be no further action or future charge after payment for this session. Records will be archived as per the Privacy Statement.
- If the therapist and client agree that the therapeutic approach provided by Deep Connexions is appropriate then costs will be charged as per displayed on the web site (www.deepconnexions.co.uk). If a client and therapist agree different costs this should be made clear prior to the initial consultation assessment and should be written down and filed with the client’s records.
- After each consultation, the client will be invoiced. Deep Connexions would appreciate payment within seven days by BACS as detailed on the invoice.
- The cost of therapy includes any written materials we may supply directly to do with the therapeutic process, but excludes;
- cost of equipment and books that we might suggest you use;
- Requested interim written reports, which are charged up to £80 per report;
- Travel costs which are charged at 45p per mile.
- If agreed payments for therapy are not being paid then we reserve the right to terminate therapy.
Cancellation and Cessation
- Deep Connexions fully understands that sometimes events and emergencies happen, making it necessary for clients to cancel their appointment. We would appreciate timely notification but understand that sometimes a last-minute cancellation is unavoidable.
- In the first such occasion, it is at the therapist’s discretion if a fee up to 50% will be charged. However, after two such occasions, the therapist can warn the client that 100% of fees are chargeable should the client fail to give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation.
- Please note any threats or acts of violence will invalidate our agreement and the therapy will cease.
- Sessions will not take place if you arrive under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed medication.
- We will try to give you as much notice as possible of any cancellation and will offer an alternative time. Therefore, please notify any change in contact details.
- We will not suddenly or without warning terminate our contract with you, except in exceptional circumstances. This would be fully discussed at that time.
- You can terminate our contract at any time.
- Our therapeutic relationship will remain a professional one at all times, the boundaries of which (such as contact outside of our sessions) can be agreed between us.
- In the event of you being unhappy with the service you receive, please discuss this with us.
Online Protocols & Guidelines
- Clients will be sent the relevant additional consent forms to be signed prior to engaging and working online via the encrypted platform: www.doxy.me
- Sessions will not be recorded.
- Deep Connexions cannot take any responsibility for any video material showing the performance of therapeutic movement that is sent across the internet. Should a parent wish to send such material, they understand that they do so at their own risk via WhatsApp or a similar end to end encrypted platform. Once received and assessed, Deep Connexions will delete all records, but the client must be aware that due to the involvement of third parties, the content may still be accessed by others.