Integrative Baby Therapy (IBT)
What is it?
Integrative Baby Therapy draws from several sources including Pre and Perinatal Psychology, Body Psychotherapy and Cranio Sacral Therapy. It is also informed by recent research in areas such as self-regulation, neurobiology, epigenetics, biodynamic embryology, field theory, attachment theory, traumatology, consciousness research and cross-cultural studies.
IBT considers the time in womb and the birth from the baby’s point of view, understanding they have come through a profound transition. Clearly difficulties can arise from interventions and complications during pregnancy and birth but even when both appear to have gone well and be natural, there can be aspects of the journey that the baby itself found difficult. Such early experiences can influence how we react in times of stress, change and transition later in life.
IBT recognises that our nervous systems carry the ‘imprints’ from these early experiences and that individuals may have a story they need or are desperate to tell. The sharing of such stories can help the individual/family move forward in a different and more positively informed way.
Who is Integrative Baby Therapy for?
There are no specific age limits to IBT. Its principles are adaptive to include antenatal support for parents, work with newborns, infants and children of all ages as well as adolescents and adults.
I specialise in working with babies, children, parents and families helping them all to understand how their time in womb and during birth may have left imprints which are still affecting how they live their lives today.
As a parent:
- are you finding family life tricky and/or stressful?
- are you struggling to parent your child’s behaviour?
- would you like to build better relationships with your child/children?
- are you lacking in confidence or feeling helpless and overwhelmed?
Does your baby:
- cry inconsolably for no apparent reason?
- bang their head on a surface?
- have difficulties sleeping or feeding (colic)?
- seem withdrawn or unresponsive?
Does your child:
- struggle with difficult feelings and emotions?
- have tantrums or experience irrational fears/nightmares?
- suffer with low confidence & self-esteem?
- find it difficult to go to bed/fall/stay asleep?
- struggle with eating/digestive issues?
- struggle/become anxious especially when going somewhere new or dealing with change?
As a new parent:
- did you experience a traumatic birth?
- are you feeling overwhelmed and/or helpless?
- is your baby fractious and having difficulties settling/sleeping?
- are they suffering with colic/digestive issues?
- is your baby clingy?
As a prospective parent, do you wish to:
- clear your energetic field to welcome the next generation?
- consciously prepare for conception?
- address your fears around pregnancy and birth?
As an adult, do you:
- struggle with anxiety or depression?
- suffer with a recurring physical pain or health issue despite medical intervention?
- open and curious to trying something new/different?
- prepared to go on a journey with me?
- prepared to commit and invest time into getting a solution?
What are the benefits of Integrative Baby Therapy?
- A more attuned calmer family environment
- Improved clarity and decision making
- Strategies and tools for managing difficult situations in a positive way
- Improved trust, confidence, and self-esteem for all
- Improved relationships – feel more connected to yourself and child/children
- Individuals achieving their true potential
- Increased performance in all areas of life
How does Integrative Baby Therapy work?
Integrative Baby Therapy gives a space for the individual to express an underlying prenatal or birth story that is still active in their psyche/subconscious. Due to these experiences being preverbal, they can only behave/act out/feel their way through and such reactions may seem out of place or irrational.
Trained to identify ‘womb statements’ and ‘baby body language’, I work intuitively whilst holding the relational field and using a variety of techniques such as creative play, movement and mirroring as well as observing an individual’s movement patterns and listening deeply to their vocal expression to help individuals process their earliest experiences and feel understood.
IBT addresses the effects of early developmental trauma via hands on and movement therapy whilst supporting and enabling the individual to experience integration, wholeness and transformation so they can express their brilliance and shine. It also empowers parents to parent with more clarity and joy going forwards.
What happens in an Integrative Baby Therapy session?
Treatments are carried out fully clothed, in a quiet peaceful environment. The sessions are there to feel as natural as possible and are usually conducted whilst sitting in a chair or directly on a cushioned mat on the floor. All work is permission based.
Having welcomed you into the therapy space, I will explain more about the way that I work and answer any questions you may have. I will then work intuitively with the flow of events as they unfold. This usually involves tracking your /your child’s body sensations and may involve making gentle contact with a particular part of your/their body. Children usually want to move around, so therapeutic play is often part of the session. This helps to build the relationship with the child. The way they use the space/the room/the toys will start to show their underlying prenatal or birth story. I will periodically check in with you or your child to understand and acknowledge any feelings, sensations, and /or emotions that you/they may be sensing at the time. It is this process of witnessing and acknowledgment that facilitates deep healing.
How will I feel after an Integrative Baby Therapy session?
Due to the nature of the therapy, each client’s journey is a very personal and individual one in which the therapist works in deep relationship with their system. Many clients can feel deeply relaxed and spacious after a session. Other clients may experience certain emotions coming forward to be processed and there may be some physical symptoms as the body readjusts and realigns.
What Happens Next?
To find out more, please send your contact details to Deep Connexions via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 07790 783280
And let’s organise a FREE discovery call to understand how I may be able to help you and your family move forward with more clarity and joy.
Trauma Resolution Packages
Initial Enquiry/Free Discovery Call – 20 minutes
Package A : Clarity Call – £75
Package B : Initial Consultation only – £175
Package C : Initial Consultation + 3 Follow up Sessions – £700
Package D : Initial Consultation + 5 Follow up Sessions – £1050
N.B. If booking for an Initial Consultation and then decide to commit to a package, the Initial Consultation cost will be subtracted from the overall package cost.
Clarity Call (zoom)
- Assessment of completed forms / back-ground history
- Clarity call to understand key issues (45 mins)
- Post call email with recommendations as to best way forwards
- Face to Face or Online Consultation (approx. 90 minutes)
- Further Clarification of Client history
- Explanation of method of working & expectations
- Introduction to tools – Resourcing technique
- Working with presenting issue
- Post Session email detailing arising themes and ongoing recommendations
- Post session Check In and ongoing support
Follow up Session Work:
- Face to Face or Online (approx. 90 minutes)
- Working with the key themes
- Support with ongoing techniques and practical advice
- Post Session email (session themes, tools to practice, ongoing recommendations)
- Post Session check-in (ongoing support & advice)
Further Follow up sessions:
Single session follow up – £195
Three further Follow up Sessions – £525